Area of Specialization
100 High St.
Buffalo, NY 14203
Buffalo General Medical Center
Gates Vascular Institute
- Doctor of Philosophy, Pharmacology and Toxicology, The State University of New York at Buffalo
- Doctor of Medicine, University of the Philippines
- Bachelor of Science, Industrial Pharmacy, University of the Philippines
- American Society of Hypertension
- Board of Nuclear Cardiology
- National Board of Echocardiography
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Society of Preventive Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- American Medical Association
- American Heart Association
- American Physiology Society
- Fellow, American College of Cardiology for outstanding achievement and community contributions to cardiovascular medicine
- White Coat Teaching Award, University at Buffalo, Department of Medicine
- William M. and Stanley A. Bukowski Award, University at Buffalo
- Buffalo General Medical Center
- Gates Vascular Institute
- 2019 Gates Vascular Institute Symposium: Updates in Cardiac, Vascular & Neuroendovascular Medicine. Co- Program Director and lecturer. Complex Lipid Management. Buffalo, NY.
- Bhardwaj A, Ramanan T, Khalil C, Pham M, Sinibaldi E, Hansen R, Baldo S, Colern G, Sawant A, Corbelli J, Fernandez S, Iyer V. Valvuloarterial impedance predicts heart failure readmissions in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement patient. Structural Heart J. Accepted for publication. 2017.
- Vasvi Singh, Vijay Iyer, Asma Mursleen, Elizabeth Hansen, Stanley Fernandez, Saurabh Malhotra. Myocardial Contractility Predicts Symptomatic Improvement Across All Flow-Gradient Patterns of Aortic Stenosis After Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. JACC 71(11): A1413. 2018.
- Nikhil Agrawal, Abhishek Sawant, Aishwarya Bhardwaj, Thammi Ramanan, Rosemary Hansen, Everett Sinibaldi, Priya Sadawarte, Ankush Lahoti, Arnav Kumar, Kimi Sato, Kalaimani Elango, Tanvi Shah, Stanley Fernandez, Umesh Sharma, Vijay Iyer. Change in left ventricular systolic wall stress predicts heart failure readmissions in patients undergoing transcatheter aortic valve replacement. JACC. 71(11). A1409. 2018.
- Bhardwaj A, Sawant A, Hansen R, Sadawarte P, Agrawal N, Ramanan T, Sinibaldi E, Lahoti A, Kumar A, Sato K, Fernandez S, Sharma U, Iyer V. Systolic Impedance and Diastolic Wall Stress are Novel Predictors of Heart Failure Hospitalizations in Patients Undergoing Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement. JACC. 71(11):A1557. 2018.
- Singh V, Iyer V, Mursleen A, Hansen R, Fernandez S, Malhotra S. Acute Change in Myocardial Deformation Does Not Predict Heart Failure Readmission after TAVR Among Patients with a Low Flow Low Gradient Physiology. JACC. 71 (11): A1412. 2018.
- Singh V, Iyer V, Mursleen, A, Hansen R, Fernandez S, Malhotra S. Temporal Change in Myocardial Contractility after Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement and its Relationship with Quality of Life. Abstract accepted for presentation at the American College of Cardiology 2017 Annual Scientific Session.
- Bharadwaj A, Graham S, Fernandez S, Sharma U, Malhotra S. HEART Score Does Not Predict the Severity of Anatomical Coronary Artery Disease in Patients Presenting to the Emergency Department with Chest Pain. Abstract accepted for presentation at the American College of Cardiology 2017 Annual Scientific Session.
- Singh V, Iyer V, Mursleen, A, Hansen R, Fernandez S, Malhotra S. Intraoperative Change in Myocardial Contractility with Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement Predicts Cardiovascular Outcomes. Abstract accepted for presentation at the American College of Cardiology 2017 Annual Scientific Session.
- SF Fernandez, JM Canty Jr., JA Fallavollita. PET imaging and quantitation of cardiac innervation. In: V Dilsizian, J. Narula, eds. Atlas of Cardiac Innervation, Springer, 2017.
- Norgard NB, Monte S and Fernandez S. Aspirin Responsiveness Changes in Obese Patients Following Bariatric Surgery. Cardiovascular Therapeutics. 35:e12268. 2017.
- Xue K, Gu JJ, Zhang Q, Liu X, Wang J, Li X-q, Luo J, Hernandez-Ilizaliturri FJ, Fernandez SF, Czuczman MS, Cao J, Hong X, Guo Y. Cardiotoxicity as indicated by LVEF and troponin T sensitivity following two anthracycline-based regimens in lymphoma: Results from a randomized prospective clinical trial. Oncotarget. April 2016.
- SF Fernandez, JA Canty. Adrenergic and Cholinergic Plasticity in Heart Failure. Circulation Research. 116:1639-1642. 2015.
- Malhotra S, SF Fernandez, JA Fallavollita and JM Canty Jr. Prognostic significance of imaging myocardial sympathetic innervation. Curr Cardiol Reports. 17:62. 2015.